This is an analysis of the poem When Bryan Speaks that begins with:
When Bryan speaks, the town's a hive.
From miles around, the autos drive.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaba bbXb ccXX bbXbXccbc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101 010010101 01010101 01010101 11010101 01010101 01110101 01011101 11010101 01010101 01010101 010111100 11010101 010101010 11010111 110101010 11011101 00010101 01010101 11110111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 142
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of When Bryan Speaks;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.