This is an analysis of the poem To Gloriana that begins with:
Girl with the burning golden eyes,
And red-bird song, and snowy throat: ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abababab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10010101 11111101 11111101 11011111 11111101 1111101 01011101 11111111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 298
- Average number of words per stanza: 55
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To Gloriana;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.