This is an analysis of the poem Sweet Briars Of The Stairways that begins with:
We are happy all the time
Even when we fight: ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcaX cbbcbX bba Xa adbdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,6,3,2,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110101 10111 110011 110001 11110010 10110010 111101 111111 0111110 11010101 11110010 10010101101010 10101010101110 111010111111 1011110111 110101 110101 010010101 11110111 11010101 111100100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 155
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; our, it, we are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word our is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines it, dumb are repeated).
The poet repeated the same word i at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sweet Briars Of The Stairways;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.