This is an analysis of the poem The Documents that begins with:
The Documents are weeping, fading,
fearing the worst....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ab caccc cXd ec fX X beg cXXbXf dbggbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,5,3,2,2,1,3,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010011010 1001 110100 1110 1110011 11010 1010 1111 10 010010 11110 011010 11011111 1111100 111101 11101 01001101 01101010100010 01001110 10110101101 1010110010 1110111 1101010010 10101111001 111110100 1000111101 011101011 100101001010 01110111110 11101011101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 103
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; never is repeated.
The author used the same word they at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Documents;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.