This is an analysis of the poem Grace that begins with:
Didn't know if he was a retard or a drunk.
He would lurch around Gaelic Park ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabcdbbeeXf XXdcXgXfXg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101011001101 11101101 10111011100 100100101011 1110101110 111010100 100100011 001000010100 10010010011010 10101101110 111101011 01001101001 0100010001001 111110101 111111101 1111010011 1110111101 01000101 10011111 1010110 110010001
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 429
- Average number of words per stanza: 77
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Grace;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.