This is an analysis of the poem Small Potatoes that begins with:
We went out to eat.
It was like walking on eggs. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbcXXXXXbaXXcb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 11101 0111011 010101 11110 110101 0011 1111 1101 10111 1010 0101 11010 0111100 10011 11010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 332
- Average number of words per stanza: 63
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 21 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Small Potatoes;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.