This is an analysis of the poem Q & A that begins with:
Q. How important is theory in this poem? It seems as though
it just starts, goes nowhere, tells us nothing we need to know....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aa bcd Xed cbXXbXce afXfdfde
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,3,3,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101001000100111 01111111101101 000110001001101011 110111001110 1100100110011101 111011000101000100001 0010010100100110 1010110101 0111110100101001111 010100101011010001 11101001001011010101011 10011101100011000010 111111111010010110 010111001010011 1101111101101010101 1010111101010 11111101110001011 10111100010 01111111111110110 10101010111111 01111010 0100110011100101 101001101010
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 233
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 60 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, it, you are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Q & A;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.