This is an analysis of the poem Hiver Sentimental that begins with:
Loin de vitres ! Clairs yeux dont je bois les liqueurs
Et ne vus souillez pas à contempler les plèbes....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1010111111101 111110110011 111010011 1011101111 11101011001 111010100110 11011111000 1001111011 111000111001 11110111111101 111111111110 10010111110 11011111100 10110111110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 169
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; les, nous are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines bes is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hiver Sentimental;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.