This is an analysis of the poem Soirs D'Octobre that begins with:
— Oui, je souffre, ces soirs, démons mornes, chers Saints.
— On est ainsi toujours au soupçon des Toussaints....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXa XXXa XXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 011111111011 1011010110110 11111110100 111111111110 111111111111110 100011110 11011101110 101111001 111111111100 111011011010 11111111010 111110010 1100101100100 1010101100
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 169
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Soirs D'Octobre;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.