This is an analysis of the poem Tarentelle D'Automne that begins with:
Vois-tu près des cohortes bovines
Choir les feuilles dans les ravines,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XAA XXX XXX XAA XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111100100 101101101 1101 11101110 10101010 1010 1010100100 11101100 01100 1111100100 101101101 1101 111011 10111 1101 1010100100 11101100 01100 01010111 1011111 111 111011 10111 1101 11011101 1011111 111 11111110 10101010 1010
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 82
- Average number of words per stanza: 16
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; les is repeated.
The author used the same word vois at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ravines, es, tristesses, lune, e, corce are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Tarentelle D'Automne;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.