This is an analysis of the poem Rêve De Watteau that begins with:
Quand les pastours, aux soirs des crépuscules roux
Menant leurs grands boucs noirs au râles d'or des flûtes,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXa XXXX Xbb XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11101111001 10111111111 101001011110 110001111001 1010110010 100110101110 110111101 1101011011 110101110110 010110110101 10101110111 1111111010010010 11010110101 11010111010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 177
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 50 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; les, des, de, le are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Rêve De Watteau;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.