This is an analysis of the poem Underloved that begins with:
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXABCDEbDDDFgGbX XXABCDEbDDDFgGbX gGbX GabX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,16,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1000 1000 001 1101 1010 0111 101 1 0101 111 111 0111 010 010 1 1000 1000 1100 001 1101 1010 0111 101 1 0101 111 111 0111 010 010 1 1000 010 010 1 1000 010 11 1 1000
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 115
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 11 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 2
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Underloved;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.