This is an analysis of the poem More Than Enough To Give that begins with:
I'm not in need to make love,
To know it....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABBBCdaB AB eXAcdAXXfAXccffbbagdA ABBBCABdebeeefXafggbga
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,2,21,22,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101011 010 1011110 1110110101 1001101 0101 011101 010 0101011 010 1011101 10101110 0101 1001011011 01101001 0101 101111101 00100010 010011101 0101 11110 1101101 10010010 1011010 11010001 01111 01001 11101 101110010 010101 0101 0101011 010 1011110 1110110101 1001101 0101011 010 1101111 001101001 1010 101011 101111 1111101 101 110101 110011 11111101 1111 1100000 111111 0110101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 273
- Average number of words per stanza: 54
- Amount of lines: 52
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word to is repeated.
The author used the same word i'm at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines it, love are repeated).
The poet repeated the same word it at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of More Than Enough To Give;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.