This is an analysis of the poem Enigma that begins with:
The earth shakes....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcXdeXfaedbefbbXabXgXXgXafefbcff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 33,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 011 01010 0111 01011010 111101 0101 0101001001 11000100 01001010 101101010 101101011 1010001101 001101 01001110 010010001 1100100100 1101 0100001010 11001000101 0101011 01101101010 01011101010 110001 10101 1011 01010011011 00101010101 1010001101 0011010110 00111 0110001 01
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 947
- Average number of words per stanza: 156
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Enigma;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Not Up For That Today
- Analysis of Trinket Whipped Ways
- Analysis of Gratefully Not Available