This is an analysis of the poem Not Up For That Today that begins with:
Not up for that today,
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbCCCB AbdddAb eXffgfeggb AbCCCBchXXAbHIccbAHI
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,7,10,20,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101 1 1111 01011 10111 01010111 111101 1 1100111110 11111 11010111 111101 1 1111101 1111010010 11011110 0110 0010100111 111111010 100101100 100110001 101001010001 1 111101 1 1111 01011 10111 01010111 1110111 010110 011101 111111010 101 1 110101 111001 111111101 0101010101 1 101 110101 111001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 262
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 43
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words you, i are repeated.
The author used the same word not at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Not Up For That Today;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Trinket Whipped Ways
- Analysis of Gratefully Not Available
- Analysis of You Are Not The Loyal And Devoted Kind