This is an analysis of the poem I Can Not Locate A Benefit Of Doubt that begins with:
I dislike pretenders.
And when I begin to notice them......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbXbX cXXddd XXbcaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101010 111010100 11111010001 1101111 01111 110101111 1 11110011 111000010 111010001001 10101010 110011101001 1 11100001 11000110001 10101 11100101 1011001001010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 187
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of I Can Not Locate A Benefit Of Doubt;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Defeating Insecurities
- Analysis of Enclosed And Sheltered
- Analysis of Sickened To A Rage