This is an analysis of the poem Sickened To A Rage that begins with:
Even what is currently owed,
Will take decades to repay....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdee facc XfdXbefac
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101001 0101001 1110101 101000100 10101010110 011000 11010 11101 11001 110010 110110101 01110 1010010 110110001 11100011 01001 0100 0101110 111010010011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 183
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sickened To A Rage;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Reformed Apologists
- Analysis of Moving Forward With This Decree
- Analysis of Desperate And Dreaming