This is an analysis of the poem Defeating Insecurities that begins with:
Allowed to manifest an infestation,
That protested a digesting of progress....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABBC XDXbXbX DdXeefX ecfXXfcbf fggab aXgeegXABBC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,7,7,9,5,11,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010110110 10100010011 0101101100 01101010110 1 101 100111010 0101010000110 1110101 11001 010101010001 101 10110100 10111100 01010110 1010001001101 01010100 111001011001 1011100001 1111101010 101001010101 1101001110 10101 111100 101010101 1011011 10100111011 10110010 0111110101 1010110 1001110010 001111011001 11000101111010 101110000111 111100111001 11010100010101 111111101011 11110100101001 01010110110 10100010011 0101101100 01101010110
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 230
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Defeating Insecurities;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.