This is an analysis of the poem Give Me Image that begins with:
Enough of this......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aBCB DAX D eXXfcf Dee DXgXcgg aBC DAX D efXDaBCB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,3,1,6,3,7,3,3,1,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01 0100 11010100 11110100 1110 1110101 00111101110 1110 11100010 11101001110 11101110 001101100111010 11110010000100 10111101001 1110 1111011 0110001001111 1110 111111 010010010100 11101001 0110100 111000100100010 111110101 01 0100 11010100 1110 1110101 00111101110 1110 11100010011 101110001 1110 101 0100 11010100 11110100
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 99
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 38
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word enough is repeated.
The author used the same word give at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase enough connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Give Me Image;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Waiting To Dispense A Benefit Of Doubt
- Analysis of When Time Has Played A Factor In Obtaining Knowledge
- Analysis of I Am In Total Agreement With Your Assessment