This is an analysis of the poem Waiting To Dispense A Benefit Of Doubt that begins with:
Doesn't it seem as if those with selective memories,
Are always quick to tell their versions of truth......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXb XcX cXaa cbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,4,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10011010010100 11110111001 01101 010101010111101 110010110 1010001 101101101101 110001100 1001010011111001 00110110 100111110001010 001010001001000110 110101011111101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 149
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Waiting To Dispense A Benefit Of Doubt;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of When Time Has Played A Factor In Obtaining Knowledge
- Analysis of I Am In Total Agreement With Your Assessment
- Analysis of Unavailable