This is an analysis of the poem When Time Has Played A Factor In Obtaining Knowledge that begins with:
I've been forced to deal with 'aspects' of reality,
Most of my life....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaXc X dceffgf hcfd fhaXihiggXh effh ccXgXgc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,1,7,4,11,4,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010101000100 1011 11011 100111001010100 101101 0111110010 111010110101 11001111010100 0101001010110001 1010110001 11010101010010111 0010011 0110 1010100 11110101 1000101001011 11011100100010 100001010 111001010100 01101101001 01000 11111000101 001 010110011 000100 1111100101 11 0011101011 10101 1111010001010 01001100 0 10010011010010 1110011100101 1010110101000010 01000100011011 101001 1111000110101 11101111111 1110101001101010
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 218
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, to, i've are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines life is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of When Time Has Played A Factor In Obtaining Knowledge;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of I Am In Total Agreement With Your Assessment
- Analysis of Unavailable
- Analysis of Sabotage As Weaknesses