This is an analysis of the poem A Never Ending Process that begins with:
The proof of truth with evidence,
Does not excuse the feelings of one abused......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abX cXX acd ebXaX fghbXgb XX hXgebcgXa X cacff X Xdhgdccg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,5,7,2,9,1,5,1,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010100 11010100101 1111001100 1110001 101000100010 01010010001 10101000110 010011100010010 010011011100101 110100010 1010111010 110 1110100 11111011110 1 111010010 11 0111 1010111001 1111010 101001111010 1100111 10100011000 101 1010101101 110111001010 01101010 0010111010 1 1110010 101100110 110110000101011 111111 01111 10011101 0110101101010 11101001100 111101 111111 11001001011 110011100111 1101101101 1101 11010011100010 1010111100110111 1111010011 11111111
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 145
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 47
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word you is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Never Ending Process;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of On The Bandwagon
- Analysis of Whose Doing The Respect?
- Analysis of The Universe Contradicts Fixed Beliefs