This is an analysis of the poem The Universe Contradicts Fixed Beliefs that begins with:
Reality is not owned,
By those who choose to keep it deluded....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXbcade bcX bdXbeeee beeab fcgg fXfd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,3,8,5,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 0100011 1111010010 01000 1101101001 0101001001010 101011010 001010100111 1101110111 010010101001010 0110110011 01000101 101000101101101 0110111101 00101001 0111001010100100 1110010010011100 10101110001 001010101101001101 0101000100100001001 0101101101 010011010101 111110111 110100001010 01111001100100 01111 1101 1111 0101001011 101101001 111 110111 10010101101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 219
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word a is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Universe Contradicts Fixed Beliefs;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Is It That Kept Specific
- Analysis of That First Time Is Impressive
- Analysis of To Be Delivered