This is an analysis of the poem On The Bandwagon that begins with:
Try to get along with others.
At least 'pretend' a respect is given, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbcc bdXced X bXeXXc eXX FgAg XXX FgAXg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,1,6,3,4,3,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101010 1110001010 0101001 0100011 00110100100011 11010001111 110110110 011010100 00101011101 10111 1101100101 0111110011 1111011111 0100001 11001010101 111100100101 10100101000 010111101 110101001110100001 11011001011 1010111111011 111001111 11 1 1101010 10010010111010 1 11101010 1001 11 1 1101010 100 100010010111010
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 143
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 34
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On The Bandwagon;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Whose Doing The Respect?
- Analysis of The Universe Contradicts Fixed Beliefs
- Analysis of Is It That Kept Specific