This is an analysis of the poem Whose Doing The Respect? that begins with:
You were denied a job position,
Because your credit is in a bad condition....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabcbdXef X gefgeehe X fahcX aX Xd XX ageXbab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,1,8,1,5,2,2,2,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100101010 011100001010 10011011101 101110110 011110101 1101001111 111101001 111101 11111111 10101100101010 011111111 101 1111101110011001 101010101 1001010001010010 0100 1100010 1111010010 1001101010011001 1111011 0110001001101010 1111011010110 1010001101010100 101101110 1111 11101 101011 01001001010 1 1111110 1010111 01110011 101000100100 110001101 0101000010 101000111 00010
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 150
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 37
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, and, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Whose Doing The Respect?;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of The Universe Contradicts Fixed Beliefs
- Analysis of Is It That Kept Specific
- Analysis of That First Time Is Impressive