This is an analysis of the poem Worship that begins with:
There is no worship now,—the idol stands
Within the spirit's holy resting place!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdefefbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: Shakespearean sonnet
- Metre: 1011010101 0101010101 10010101001 1011110101 01011000101 1001010101 0101011101 0111010101 1111110111 1111110001 1101011101 1101010101 1111110111 0101111101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 628
- Average number of words per stanza: 109
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words his, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Worship;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.