This is an analysis of the poem Thy Beauty Fades that begins with:
Thy beauty fades and with it too my love,
For 'twas the self-same stalk that bore its flower;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdededff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1101100111 11011111010 1101110001 01110111010 1111010111 0101010101 11111101101 11001110111 1111010101 1101010011 1011110101 0111010101 1101010111 0101001111101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 633
- Average number of words per stanza: 119
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Thy Beauty Fades;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.