This is an analysis of the poem Beauty that begins with:
I gazed upon thy face--and beating life,
Once stilled its sleepless pulses in my breast... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdbebeff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: Shakespearean sonnet
- Metre: 1101111101 1101010011 11001110101 1001010101 1111000101 0111011111 01001111111 1111110111 11111101001 1101110101 1101010111 11010011101 11001110111 11010110001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 609
- Average number of words per stanza: 120
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Beauty;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.