This is an analysis of the poem Ehue! Fugaces, Posthume, Labuntur Anni that begins with:
Fleeting years are ever bearing
In their silent course away... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cbcb cbcb dede bfbf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10011010 0110101 11011010 1010101 10111010 10101101 11111010 01000101 11101010 1111101 10111110 1111101 11111010 1111001 11111110 1111101 10011011 1010101 10111111 1110111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 134
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; but, to, that are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word joys is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ehue! Fugaces, Posthume, Labuntur Anni;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.