This is an analysis of the poem God Lyaeus that begins with:
GOD Lyaeus, ever young,
Ever honour'd, ever sung, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101 10100101 1010101 0010101 1010101 0010101 0110101 1010101 1011011 1010111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 333
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ever is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of God Lyaeus;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.