This is an analysis of the poem Love's Emblems that begins with:
NOW the lusty spring is seen;
Golden yellow, gaudy blue, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbabcbcDX effebfbfDX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10100101 1010101 1000101 10111001 1010111 1010101 1010101 10001101 1110111 1001111 10100111 1011101 1000101 100101001 1010111 1010101 1010101 1010001 1110111 1001111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 407
- Average number of words per stanza: 51
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love's Emblems;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.