This is an analysis of the poem Away, Delights that begins with:
AWAY, delights! go seek some other dwelling,
For I must die. ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd bbbbbbbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011111010 1111 11111101010 1101 1101111011 101101 11011 1101011111 10010101111 1101 11111101001 1011 1100111111 101101 1111 0111011001
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 328
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Away, Delights;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.