This is an analysis of the poem Hear, Ye Ladies that begins with:
HEAR, ye ladies that despise
What the mighty Love has done; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcbcbdd efefaaaadd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110101 1010111 1010101 1100101 1010101 1010101 1010101 1010101 1001010 11111010 1110111 1010111 10100001 1111101 10101010 1010101 10101010 1010101 100011010 11111110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 410
- Average number of words per stanza: 55
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hear, Ye Ladies;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.