This is an analysis of the poem Modern Love Xlii: I Am To Follow Her that begins with:
I am to follow her. There is much grace
In woman when thus bent on martyrdom. ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaccccdeedfaaf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1101001011 0101111100 1111000111 0101000101 1111011101 11011000111 111010101 1110010101 10010010001 0111011101 0111011111 1111010111 110111111 1011011101 11110011101 11111111011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 722
- Average number of words per stanza: 129
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; love is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Modern Love Xlii: I Am To Follow Her;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.