This is an analysis of the poem Modern Love Xl: I Bade My Lady Think that begins with:
I bade my Lady think what she might mean.
Know I my meaning, I? Can I love one, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaXXXabcXXcdbbd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111011111 1111011111 1101000101 01110100111 11101110010 0101010010 110011111 0111011101 1100010101 01010111001 11010010100 0111011111 0101110001 11111110011 0111111001 1111011101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 686
- Average number of words per stanza: 130
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Modern Love Xl: I Bade My Lady Think;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by George Meredith
- Analysis of Modern Love Xli: How Many A Thing
- Analysis of Internal Harmony
- Analysis of By Morning Twilight