This is an analysis of the poem To Bi Siyao that begins with:
Once stately figures in the art of rhyme,
Now sadly down at heels, our careers in ruin,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaXXcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101000101 110111101010 0101110001 1111110111 1011011100 0101010101 1111010011 110110111001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 343
- Average number of words per stanza: 62
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; our is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To Bi Siyao;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Du Fu
- Analysis of Twenty-Two Rhymes To Left-Prime-Minister Wei
- Analysis of Passing The Night At Headquarters
- Analysis of Thoughts Of Li Po From The World's End