This is an analysis of the poem Passing The Night At Headquarters that begins with:
Clear autumn at headquarters,
wu-tung trees cold beside the well;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXaXXXc aacb aXdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101110 10011110101 110101001010 10110010 110111011 111011 100110011 111 01011010 111110 001101100 10100100 110101010 10011110 111100101 101101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 168
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Passing The Night At Headquarters;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Du Fu
- Analysis of Thoughts Of Li Po From The World's End
- Analysis of To The Recluse, Wei Pa
- Analysis of Newlywed's Departure