This is an analysis of the poem Twenty-Two Rhymes To Left-Prime-Minister Wei that begins with:
Boys in fancy clothes never starve,
but Confucian scholars often find their lives in ruin. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXbXcdeXXfgacXaXchiddaXfXdXbheeXXdifcagXgee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 44,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101101 10101010111010 1100110101 11101010100111 11101001 1110101000101 1111101010 1111101011 1101101011 11001010110 111101011 110111000110 1111111010 0101011011 110111001111 111101011001 001001010 10101010010 111001001010 1100100010000100 11010010010 100101100010 11101011101 01011111001001 10100101 110101010111 111111111 1111111011 110100110 11110100 00100110010 111110 11110111 1010101010010011 111101001101 111111100 111011001 110100011001 111101001010 11110110110 11011101111 111010011100 01101001 11110010011010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1862
- Average number of words per stanza: 354
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my, and, in, i, as, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words my, and, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Twenty-Two Rhymes To Left-Prime-Minister Wei;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Du Fu
- Analysis of Passing The Night At Headquarters
- Analysis of Thoughts Of Li Po From The World's End
- Analysis of To The Recluse, Wei Pa