This is an analysis of the poem June that begins with:
The blue forest, chilled and blue, like the lips of the dead
if the lips were gone. The year has been cut in half...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXcdddde aadXfffabc dXXddXed
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,10,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 0110111101001 001010110101 0110010110101 1010001010010 11011011100001 111101011111 10010101011 100101010110 010110101 110011101101 10110110001 101011111111 101011010101 0101011001101 0110111 11011011010101 001000010110111 1110111010001 11010010010101100 01111011011010 0110110010101001010 010101101001 0100101010110 111100010110 10100101101101 110111101 010010101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 465
- Average number of words per stanza: 81
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 51 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of June;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Denise Duhamel
- Analysis of On Being Born The Same Exact Day Of The Same Exact Year As Boy George
- Analysis of Crater Face
- Analysis of Snow White's Acne