This is an analysis of the poem On Being Born The Same Exact Day Of The Same Exact Year As Boy George that begins with:
We must have clamored for the same mother, hurried for
the same womb....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbcXa bdebfX eedgd dhegfhh egdbXX Xcgae
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,5,7,6,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111010110101 011 1101111111100 1011110101110 100110110100 01100001 111111110 10011000010011 111101001101010 111 0110011111 110101100010 10110011110 1010101100 111111 11101110101101 111001011 00101001101011 1010111111 111011110010 0101 101101001011 10011011111101 1011 110101011010010 1111101010101111 1 11010110111101 11111111111 11100011101 1101110111 11101110111 010101001 1100111 10
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 239
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 35
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, and, my, in are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines not is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On Being Born The Same Exact Day Of The Same Exact Year As Boy George;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.