This is an analysis of the poem Crater Face that begins with:
is what we called her. The story was
that her father had thrown Drano at her...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXcacabbdaecfXXeXggcXcdfhaecaadcficbciaXfXfXafXXhgbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 53,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 011100101 1010111010 1110011001110 1110100101 010011101 011110111 11110 11010 1001001011010 1101010101101 110110100100 0101011101001 10111101 010101001 10101 11011101010 11101011011 00111001 001101111 0010111 110001001 010 1100101101 111110011010 1101110010111 00011010001 1111011010001 11011010101011101 0111111101 110011111 1101010111 11001010111 0101001111 10001 0111010 1101010001010 1111010 10101010 01111000101 10100101 1111011 01001100000101 101010111101 0110111101011100 011001101000101 01001001 0111 0111110111110 101111011011001 10110011001 111001111 0011000010 1000101111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 2321
- Average number of words per stanza: 399
- Amount of lines: 53
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her, that, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word who is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines remember is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Crater Face;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.