This is an analysis of the poem Two Veterans that begins with:
Side by side near the road they stand
Like grave old men grown wise with years,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaabccdD ebeeXffaa ghgghiidD
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110111 11111100 100100101 10010101 101101 11101111 11101111 1111001001 111101101 1110100111 1110111 1110100101 1001001101 1101101 11110101 010100111 110101101 1110010101 111100111 110101110 11110111 11101101 1101001 10100110111 0110100101 1111100101 111101101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 361
- Average number of words per stanza: 66
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Two Veterans;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.