This is an analysis of the poem Omeo that begins with:
Up and down the roads they go
Vale to hill, and hill to vale ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbCcccc dedecdccd fgfghihhi CccciaiiX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,9,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110111 1011101 101010 10101101 1010001 10100101 1010111 1011101 1011101 11011101 0110101 11010101 1110101 1111101 1001101 1110101 0010111 0111101 1110101 10111001 0010001 0011101 10101001 1110101 1010101 1110101 01111101 1010001 1010101 1010101 1110101 1110101 1011101 1011101 1111101 001010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 269
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Omeo;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.