This is an analysis of the poem The Incorrigible that begins with:
The bad boy of Europe,
He stands in dire disgrace,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbbXcac XdadXeae fgXgcfaf gdXdXhXh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011010 1101001 10110100 111001 01010101 110101 1011010 110101 0100100 010111 1011010 010001 10010100 110011 10101010 100101 1101010 111101 1110111 011111 0111010 110101 1011010 101001 1011010 110101 1101110 100111 0111010 111111 1101110 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 226
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Incorrigible;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.