This is an analysis of the poem Bird - Seed that begins with:
Old Pete Parraday, he isn't very wise
Or so the local gossips say - They love to criticise... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbbccXX dddXeefX aaXXgggg hhffaafX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11100100101 11010101110100 01011101011111 101110101010001 11010100010101 010111011100111 01010110110110 111111000111100 11100110101 10001000111 1111100010101 1010101000111 11011100110101 10110101110111 11010110111 11110111111100 1101111011101 11011111010111 101010100111101 1111011010111 11010010101 11110111110001 11101111110111 111001111111111 11110100010001 11111010110101 11110101010101 11011100111111 11011101110101 10010101110011 1100111110111 11010101111100
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 461
- Average number of words per stanza: 88
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 57 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, he, and, for, i, me, of are repeated.
The author used the same word old at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word parraday at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Bird - Seed;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.