This is an analysis of the poem Yule Fever (With Apologies To The King's Minstrel) that begins with:
I must go down to the shops again, to the crowded shops go I
And all I have is a long list of the gifts that I must buy,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb Xcdd ccdX ccee ffcc bbbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111001010010111 111100110011111 101100111011010 1111101111101110 1111001011010100 00111011111001 111100111100010 10111110100010 111100101111111 111111111101 111111111111010 1110111101010 111110010100110101 101110111011101 1111001110101010 10110011101110 1111001011110101 00100110010011 111100110101010 11101101111111010 1111001011111111 001110111110101 1111001110101010 1011101110110100
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 249
- Average number of words per stanza: 53
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 62 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 13
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, and, call, for are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Yule Fever (With Apologies To The King's Minstrel);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.