This is an analysis of the poem All Fools' Day that begins with:
Now is the day when arrant fools
Play outworn tricks on sober men!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd dedXcfcf egeghihi
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10011101 11011101 11010111 010101001 11011111 10010101 00010101 11010101 11111100 11010111 01110111 11110101 11010111 10011101 11111101 11010111 010010111 01010101 11010111 110011101 11110111 01010101 10011101 111111011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 266
- Average number of words per stanza: 51
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of All Fools' Day;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Clarence Michael James Stanislaus Dennis
- Analysis of Yule Fever (With Apologies To The King's Minstrel)
- Analysis of Country Roads ~ White Horse Road
- Analysis of Cackle