This is an analysis of the poem 'Bosses Don'T Seem Right' - A Christmas Monologue that begins with:
The thing's all wrong (I sez to ‘im)
Now look, there's this ‘ere Monday, Jim,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXbccddddddee ffggfhXcii fXddiicXfh ccdd gXiijjkkbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,10,10,4,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01111101 11101111 10110001 111110111 11111111 01010101 01110101 11111111 01011110 1110101 10110001 11010101 10010011 01011101 01111101 010111111 11110111 11010001 01010111 11010100 11010101 11011101 11111111 11010011 11010101 01111111 11010101 101111111 1101101 111110111 11011111 11011111 110111100 01110100 01111011 11110111 11110101 11010101 11011111 11010111 11010001 111110101 01111101 10010111 01011101 01010101 11111101 11010111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 332
- Average number of words per stanza: 63
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; e, an', to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of 'Bosses Don'T Seem Right' - A Christmas Monologue;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.