This is an analysis of the poem The Five Ricks that begins with:
Five ricks in a row
Stand in my father's field, I know,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AAbbccddXXeX AAcceeffgghhff cciiiicceeddcgggff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,14,18,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11001 10110111 110101 11011101 1110111 1010111 010110110 110101010 111110101 01101110 110111110 11011111 11001 10110111 11001011 11111101 11110101 1111011 111101 0100101 1010110101 11010001 11011101 01111011 11111001 11010111 01111100 11111111 01110111 101111001 111101011 011100101 11110111 11111101 1111110110 1011101010 11010111 01111101 1111011111 111111 11010101 01010111 01010101 11110111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 533
- Average number of words per stanza: 102
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, her are repeated.
The author used the same word five at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Five Ricks;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.