This is an analysis of the poem The Grey Comrades that begins with:
Out of the dust of cities and the din of men
I come to the clean spaces of the wide windy moors,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXX cdcd ecec fXfX abXX gcgc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100101010101 1100110001101 1011110111010 101111111101 1101011000111 100111010111 100110000111 110010111001 1001111000111 110010100010101 111100101101101 10101101010101 10111110101001 11111011011 111111010111 10011011111 111011001110 10100101011001 101001010110 101101010101 1111100101001 110100010101011 10111101011011 01011110101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 213
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 53 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, my, they, here, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words saying, they, here, ah are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ' is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Grey Comrades;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.